Portland2019 Biennial opening reception
Saturday, August 24
Disjecta Contemporary Art Center 8371 N. Interstate Ave., Portland, OR 97217
Disjecta Contemporary Art Center is proud to announce the selected artists participating in the Portland2019 Biennial.
The Portland2019 Biennial of Contemporary Art is a major survey of Oregon visual artists who have a rigorous approach to art-making in the Pacific Northwest. Portland2019 will focus on the nuanced thematics of site, cultural evolution and the multifaceted histories of the region as told in 18 projects. The selected artists were chosen as those whose current studio practices have been influenced by their relationships to community, landscape and local politics.
The curatorial team are eager to champion a wealth of conversations from Oregon artists in all stages of their careers.
The Portland2019 Biennial will be located in Disjecta Contemporary Art Center with the exhibition dually supported by a series of public programming, off-site works and a supplemental catalogue.
2019 Participating artists:
- Natalie Ball (Chiloquin, OR)
- Adam Bateman (Ashland, OR)
- Jovencio de la Paz (Eugene, OR)
- Demian DinéYazhi with R.I.S.E (Portland, OR)
- Dru Donovan (Portland, OR)
- Ka'ila Farrell-Smith (Modoc Point, OR)
- Harriet Tubman Center for Expanded Curatorial Practice (Portland, OR)
- Sabina Haque (Portland, OR)
- Anthony Hudson (Portland, OR)
- Garrick Imatani (Portland, OR)
- Colin Ives (Eugene, OR)
- Rubén García Marrufo (Portland, OR)
- Jess Perlitz (Portland, OR)
- Vanessa Renwick (Portland, OR)
- Sara Siestreem (Portland, OR)
- Sharita Towne with Black Life Experimental Research Group (Portland, OR)
- Lou Watson (Portland, OR)
- Lynn Yarne (Portland, OR)
Portland2019 Biennial Curators: Yaelle S. Amir, Elisheba Johnson, Ashley Stull Meyers.
Disjecta is a non-profit contemporary art center in Portland, Oregon that builds ambitious programs that promote artists and engage communities.