Kids Cook at the Portland Farmers Market
This is a past event. Saturday, August 26 at 8:30am 10:00am
Portland Farmer's Market at PSU 1831 S.W. Pedestrian Trail, Portland, OR 97201
Portland Farmers Market’s popular Kids Cook at the Market program lets junior chefs age seven to eleven cultivate their culinary skills and experience a cornucopia of farm-fresh foods. During these classes, which take place at the Saturday Portland State University Market, kids learn about the seasonality of food, meet local farmers and gain first-hand experience preparing ingredients purchased fresh at the market. Classes include a market shopping trip, hands-on instruction and recipes to take home so students can share what they learn by feeding family and friends.
All classes take place near the music stage at the Portland Farmers Market at PSU, at Southwest Park between Southwest Hall and Southwest Montgomery. Space is limited, and shoppers can pre-register to save a space.
- June 17 – Waffles with Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream
- June 24 – Mac n’ Cheese
- July 1 – Veggie Sushi Roll
- July 8 – Chinese Dumplings
- July 15 – Sundaes with Fruit Sauce and Caramel
- July 22 – Breakfast Tacos with Make-Your-Own Corn Tortillas
- July 29 – Skillet Summer Pizza
- August 5 – Green Eggs and Ham Frittata
- August 12 – Sweet Corn Pancakes
- August 19 – Fresh Pasta with Quick Pesto
- August 26 – Skillet Peach Crisp