Painting Plein Air workshop
This is a past event. Saturday, June 22 at 9:00am 3:00pm
Northwest By Northwest Gallery 232 N Spruce, Cannon Beach, Oregon
Award-winning local artist Hazel Schlesinger grew up in Cannon Beach, Oregon, and understands the vibrant colors and textures that make up the area, named on of the "100 most beautiful places on earth" by National Geographic.
Join Schlesinger at her painting plen air classes, June 21 and June 22, in Cannon Beach, Oregon. Students will leave with several small studies of the area, and will receive individual attention and guidance. Provided materials include painting medium, view finder, 5x7 plein air frame, and one 5x7 canvas. Supplies participants must bring include:
- Lightweight Portable Easel (French Easel, Pochade box) most plein air kits come with a palette
- 6 canvas panels 8x10, 9x12 and a panel box or flat box to transport wet canvas in your car
- Brushes of various sizes #1 round, #2,#3,#4, #6,#8 filberts and/or flats
- Palette knife for mixing and clean up
- Small sketch book for thumbnail sketches, pencil
- Camera to photo your landscape
- Sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat,water,easel umbrella(optional)
- Paper towels, plastic grocery bag for your used towels,
- Gamasol for cleaning brushes
- Bring 2 jars with covers...one for your clean solvent and one for your dirty solvent
Schlesinger has won the "People's Choice Award" for painting "En Plein Air" . Her work has been published in Southwest Art Magazine. Haze is she is known has her paintings appear in international commercials, movies and two TV series , "Leverage" & "Shrill" filmed in Portland.