Rewilding Work: A Guided Nature Walk
This is a past event. Saturday, April 27 at 9:00am 11:00am
Powell Butte Nature Park 16160 S.E. Powell Blvd., Portland, OR
Learn what the natural world has to say about your career.
Rewilding Work is an invitation to put your career in its appropriate place: as an important but singular piece of your lived experience. This guided nature walk offers physical benefits such as lower levels of stress and spiritual benefits such as clarity about yourself and where you’re being invited to grow in this season of your worklife.
In this one-of-a-kind workshop, you’ll enjoy:
- Decreased levels of stress hormones and an increase in well-being (more information here)
- An inner state of calm
- New insights into your unique situation at work
- Grounded advice about how to move forward in a healthy way
“There is a wilderness in every person.” - Toko-pa Turner, Belonging
Amidst the flora and fauna, you’ll learn mindfulness techniques, give your body the gift of relaxation that comes with being outdoors and gain deep insights into what your career needs at this time. A general outline of our time together includes:
- An introduction to the concept of Rewilding Work
- A silent walking exercise
- Crossing the “Threshold of Connection”
- A sensory walking exercise
- Sitting and reflecting via journaling prompts
- An additional mindfulness exercise
- Tea ceremony and group discussion
- Crossing the “Threshold of Integration”*
"When we’re connected to the earth, the fear and mental buzz surrounding our professional lives quiets and we can actually hear our inner wisdom. With such insight, we can make choices that are actually aligned with us and support our well-being in and outside of work."If you can’t make this class, the next one will be on Saturday, May 11, and you can register at Eventbrite or stay tuned via the event website.
Note: This workshop will take place except in the case of severe weather, so attendees may want to bring some light rain gear. You will be walking about two miles on uneven dirt and gravel trails, so please decide whether this experience is right for you and your body. If you need specific accommodations, please reach out and the organizers will do as much as they can to make this an inclusive experience.
*These are invitations adapted from M. Amos Clifford’s book, Your Guide to Forest Bathing: Experience the healing power of nature.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.