Wacipi: 20th Annual Traditional Powwow
This is a past event. Saturday, January 19 at 12:00pm 9:00pm
PCC Sylvania Campus, Health Technology Building 2305 S.E. 82nd Ave., Portland, OR 97216
Portland Community College and the PCC Sylvania Campus Multicultural Center are proud to present Wacipi – a celebration of Native American culture and tradition.
This extraordinary campus and community celebration and cultural event features drum groups and dancers from across the region and attracts more than 1000 participants each year. It supports the PCC Native American Scholarship Fund and Native American businesses by offering vendor space.
- Doors open at noon, with Grand Entries at 1 and 7 p.m.
- Activities for children: 12-9 p.m.
- College Fair: 12-4 p.m.
- Free Community Dinner: 5:30 p.m.
- Master of Ceremonies – Bob Tom (Confederated Tribes of Siletz and Grand Ronde)
- Whip Man – Carlos Calica (Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs)
- Co-Host Drums – Sitting Horse and Starhorse
- Head Dancers – Ed and Vickie Wulf
- Event Details:
- Open to the public - everyone is welcome!
- Traditional Native American drumming, dancing, crafts and food
- Free admission and parking
- Raffle prizes